Forgot iCloud Password: “I forgot my iCloud password” this is very fright matter for all. If you want to log into iCloud on a new Apple device or you want to download something interesting from iTunes store, then you need an iCloud password. But if you do not remember iCloud password then what? Not to worry! iCloud provides the best way to reset forgotten an iCloud password. You can reset the iCloud password using a web browser on iPhone, Mac or iPad. I think this is the most common question which all users faced. For a security purpose, you have to provide a secure password to avoid unwanted activity in your account. And with time one end up to forgot iCloud password.
In this wired world, each of us has lots of accounts and for safety reason, we have a strong different password for each account. So this is the common thing to forget the password of any account. What? I heard that you forgot iCloud password. Is it true? Do you want to know which steps need to perform for recover password? Then I want to tell you that you need to not worry. There are several ways to reset or recover iCloud password and you can easily restore your account. Follow below steps carefully to recover forgotten Apple ID password.
Forgot iCloud Password – How to Reset your iCloud Password on iPhone/ iPad
While accessing iCloud account, many times we got few errors like mistype or forgot the password. There are several ways to restore your iCloud password. But mainly we follow below three different ways to restore forgot iCloud password on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Email authentication
- Security Question
- Two-step verification
How to Reset Your iCloud Password Using a Recovery Email on iPhone
This is the very first way to reset iCloud password when you forgot your iCloud password via recovery email. Email authentication is the first way to restore your iCloud account. It is very easy, you need to follow simple below steps.
1) From you iPhone, go to Settings >> Sign in to your iPhone.
2) Click on the Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it option.
3) New Pop Up open. Click to Forgot Apple ID.
4) Enter your Apple ID, which is your email address associated with your iCloud account.
5) Type the CAPTCHA character you see in verification image.
6) Click on Continue.
7) Confirm your phone number associate with iCloud account.
8) Click on Continue.
9) On next screen you will see Request Account Recovery page. Click on Request Recovery option.
10) After click on Request Recovery, you will get verification code on your mobile number.
11) Type the verification code and click on continue.
12) On next screen type your passcode to unlock the next step.
13) On very next step you can reset a new Apple ID password.
Congratulations! Now you successfully reset your forgot iCloud password.
How to Reset iCloud Password Using Security Questions
You can also reset iCloud password using security questions. If you choose security questions as a password reset:
- Select security question for answer
- Click Next
- Select Date of birth
- Again, click on Next
- Answer the Security question
- Choose a new password
- And Click on the Reset Password
How to Reset iCloud Password Using Two-Step Verification
If you wish to reset iCloud password through two-step verification, then you will need a trusted device and recovery key.
- As mentioned you will need a trusted device along with recovery key
- Type a recovery key
- On a trusted device verification code will be sent
- Enter the code
- Choose new password and click on Reset Password.
How to Find Out Apple ID if you forgot it
If you forgot your Apple ID and you don’t want to create a new Apple ID, then you can also recover lost Apple ID from below steps.
- On your iPhone, Go to Settings >> Sign in to your iPhone.
- Click on Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it.
- After click one pop up open. Click on Forgot Apple ID.
- Now Forgot Password page appears. From bottom click on Forgot Apple ID option.
- On next screen, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email address and click Next.
This information will be used to find out your Apple ID. Once found Login in to your Apple ID or Reset your Forgot password.
So guys these ways you can reset forgot iCloud password and restore your iCloud account. Follow above simple steps and get your lucky Apple ID back. You can also follow same steps from your Mac OS. If you want to secure your account with two-step verification, then you can read it from our site. Above process is not so much complicated, just carefully follow above steps. It will take your few minutes to resort account. Just choose what best method is for you and change an iCloud password. If you have any question regarding iCloud, then leave us from the comment section.